In the modern-day fast-paced life, there is hardly any time for doing the day to day household chores. Hence, when we think about performing smaller tasks, the on-demand services apps take a special place in our lives.
Whether it is ordering a pizza or finding a housemaid or looking for laundry services, there is nothing like the laundry apps. These apps make our life very convenient and pleasurable.
As a result of these apps, the demands for these app developments have always been on the rise. Uber for Laundry is one such application that can help you get your dry clothes cleaned and ironed.
Uber has been successful as a ridesharing app, and many business owners have been influenced by this app to start a similar business-like Uber and thus follow the footsteps of Uber app.
The laundry industry was eager to support the same business model. According to Market Research, in 2016, the laundry market has been valued at $9.4 million, whereas it has been expected the laundry app will reach the number of $96.2 million in the future.
How does Uber for laundry work?
Well, before you plunge into the business model of this app, let’s have a look at the reasons that have made this app popular and unique.
- Uber for Laundry, also known as Laundry pick up saves a lot of your valuable time. The customers are not required to waste their precious time by washing the clothes themselves or even taking them to a laundry store. With just a few clicks, the clothes will be cleaned in a few days.
- As customization is available, customers can customize and decide their pick-up and delivery dates. Also, once the order is placed, the customer can keep track of the order and thus remain updated about the application’s status.
- Next, if you own a laundry store, you can develop a laundry application to promote your company. The laundry app will help you improve the loyalty of the customer and also gives relief to the customers who do not want to spend time finding a laundry store.
- The app performs as a connector that links customers and providers of laundry services.
Business Models of On-Demand Laundry
The following are the business models used by laundry apps.
It offers incredible solutions for startup companies that are on a low budget. The application helps the users to link themselves up with laundry shops that they can choose according to their preferences. They can even rate them once the work gets completed.
Companies such as DRYV, Mulberrys, and Cleanly work using the business model. So, if starting the business from scratch and making partnerships and using the app as a connection between customers and vendors; the marketplace is beneficial.
On-site is a beneficial model if you are an owner of a laundry shop but cannot attract clients and thus fail to scale up and promote the business. Hence, a laundry application can be helpful, which would help provide the customers with the pick-up and delivery of Laundry. Some of the companies that use this business model are WashClub, Hamperville, and Liox Cleaners. Check about Washio.
The on-demand in-store model is for entrepreneurs. To deliver a customer-friendly environment it provides various options for customers to make their work easy. The in-store model doesn’t need dedicated staff, instead, users can add cloth details being dropped.
How does Uber for laundry make money?
While using the laundry application, the most common question that arises in the minds of many is – How is it possible to generate revenue by creating Uber for Laundry application?
If you own a laundry shop, you will have trustworthy customers, but how will you make a laundry application with the help of the marketplace model.
The software involved in the laundry business makes money by putting prices for each service. Another way of making money is by having delivery charges and getting interested every time an in-app payment takes place.
Below mentioned are some of the laundry apps:
- Cleanly: Cleanly took part in Y Combinator in 2015. It is the delivery and on-demand laundry app found in the US, mostly. The company follows a simple work cycle.
- Another US-based application that specializes in laundry services in Rinse. It offers services like pressing, laundering services, and dry cleaning.
- Laundrapp: Laundrapp follows a simple work pattern, just like Cleanly and Rinse. With guaranteed quality and tracking options, Laundrapp has become a top-rated app.
How to create an on-demand laundry app?
Uber service is an on-demand service for any type of business. Uber services could be anything like food delivery, gym, taxi, home cleaning services, beauty services, laundry, etc.
With the increase in the sharing economy, many companies and startups are ready to take the benefits of the Uber business model. Any startups that are looking to invest in the Uber model, need productive and conceiving sessions because proper planning will help you to get the desired output.
As on-demand businesses are soaring in demand and you are in the thought of starting an online on-demand business website, check out the available software packages to build the perfect on-demand business website and its compatible mobile versions.
Get an idea of how to use the on-demand system and see the list of features by using the free trial of our online demo. Have additional questions? Contact our team at (312) 423-672
We are happy to explain how our on-demand service software works, including any additional business, needs you may have. We also offer custom development of web and mobile apps at a reasonable rate.