iScripts PrintLogic Installation
iScripts PrintLogic Installation
Please read every step of the relevant instructions before undertaking the first step. It is always a good idea to backup your data before performing any sort of changes to your server/files.
iScripts PrintLogic runs equally well on Linux and Windows or any platform that can support a web server and the PHP language
We recommend Apache web server, but any web server that supports PHP is acceptable. Server have to meet the following requirements for the best performance.
a) PHP version 5.2 and above.
b) MySQL Enterprise or MySQL Community Server 5.0 or greater
Other Requirements for Trouble-free Installation/Compatibility are:
c) GD complied with your PHP Build - (Yes)
d) Image Magick 6.8.9 complied with your PHP - (Yes)
e) Imagick Library complied with your PHP - (Yes)
f) System Function enabled in server - (Yes)
g) SendMail - (Yes)
h) PHP safe mode - (OFF)
i) CURL extension - (Yes)
j) Autotrace Library Enabled in Server ( Optional For Vector Output Generation)
iScripts PrintLogic performs to it’s maximum potential, if your server meets all of the above conditions
Overview iScripts PrintLogic
iScripts PrintLogic is a complete online design and printing solution that allows your site visitors to easily customize t-shirts, caps, mugs, bags, plaques or any other type of printable product offered by your business or vendors. Designing is made easy with an intuitive interface and drag-and-drop features. After users create designs, multiple high resolution, print-ready files and vector images are produced. PDF, TIFF, EPS, PNG and JPG file formats at 300 dpi are automatically generated by the software ready for printing or touch up. This solution is beneficial for all web to print business including screen printing, transfer printing, and embroidery.
Given below are the step to be performed for installing iScripts PrintLogic in your server.
1) Unzip the entire contents to a folder of your choice.
2) Create a MySQL database that you will be using to store the data.
3) Create a user in your MySQL server and assign full permission for the user on the database created.
4) Run the following URL in your browser :http://www.yoursitename/
If you have uploaded the files in the root (home directory), you can access iScripts PrintLogic installation wizard at http://www.yoursitename .You can also install the script in any directory under the root. For example if you have uploaded the zip file in a directory say http://www.yoursitename/printlogic then you can access iScripts PrintLogic at http://www.yoursitename/printlogic.
5) Follow the instructions provided on the installer. iScripts PrintLogic installer help is given to help you in completing the installation form
6) Remove the 'Write' permission provided to the following file after completed the installation
7) Delete the '/app/webroot/install' folder.
8) After you have successfully installed PrintLogic, you can configure and start
using it by following the instructions below.
8.1) Login to Admin Section using the user name and
password you have provided at the time of installation.
8.2) Change the settings to match your specific requirements
8.3) Add different custom fields and values (by clicking the custom fields link and custom values)
8.4) Add different categories (by clicking the category link), and finally different products (by clicking products link).
8.5) Edit CMS Pages Home, About Us, Contact Us (by clicking the CMS Pages link).
*In Case of Errors During Pack Installation in public_html, httpdocs, /var/www/html folders
9) If you find any errors during Installation,Please replace the .htaccess file in the installation folder with one from the Printlogic pack
10) Please clear the cache of your browser..
11) Please delete every files except index.html and .htaccess of apptmpcachemodels .
12) Please delete every files except index.html and .htaccess of apptmpcachepersistent.
PrintLogic Installer Help
Database server host name: It is given as ‘localhost’ in most cases. In all other cases, you can contact your server provider for database host name.
License Key: Make sure you enter the same license key you received at the time of purchase,in the "License Key" field. The script would function only for the domain it is licensed. If you cannot recall the license it is also included in the email you received with subject: iScripts.com software download link. You can also get the license key from your user panel at www.iscripts.com.
Database name, Database Username & Database password: Create a new database from your Cpanel/database manager for iScripts PrintLogic. Also create a database user and provide full access to the database created.
Site Name: iScripts PrintLogic automatically grabs your domain name as site name. If you prefer a different name, you can edit to provide a desired name.
Admin Email: Provide site owner email id.
Once you have completed the installation form, press install now.
On clicking ‘install now’, iScripts PrintLogic configures the database and script according to your specification. If the installation is successful, you will be able to view the following:
Home URL: http://www.yoursitename/.
Admin URL: http://www.yoursitename/admin.
Username - ‘admin’
Password - ‘admin’
Note: Make sure you change the admin password as soon as the installation procedure is complete.
Note: It is strongly recommended to remove the 'Write' permission provided to the files '/app/config/database.php’ & ’/app/webroot/config.php' for security reasons . Also make sure that you delete 'install' folder once installation is complete.
Server compilation help
1) Get the version of ImageMagick from http://www.imagemagick.org/download/releases/ImageMagick-6.8.6-10.tar.gz
2) Compile it from source
3) Make sure ImageMagick binary's (convert,composite) available at /bin/,if not make a soft link for ImageMagick binary to /bin.For Linux "ln -s ImagemagickInstallationPath/bin/convert /bin/convert" and "ln -s ImagemagickInstallationPath/bin/composite /bin/composite".
Example "ln -s /usr/local/bin/convert /bin/convert" and "ln -s /usr/local/bin/Composite /bin/Composite" for ImageMagick installation in "/usr/local/"
1) Get the version of autotrace from http://sourceforge.net/projects/autotrace/files/AutoTrace/0.31.1/autotrace-0.31.1.tar.gz/download
2) Compile it from source
3) Make sure autotrace binary's (autotrace) available at /bin/,if not make a soft link for autotrace binary to /bin.For linux "ln -s AutotraceInstallationPath/bin/convert /bin/convert".
Example "ln -s /usr/local/bin/autotrace /bin/autotrace"