Wix is a website where users can choose from a number of professional-looking templates and create an HTML website very easily. You can host your site at Wix servers.
Wix provides numerous attractive templates for your website that are absolutely free and also provide some paid premium features to enhance your website.
From concept to site creation and making it live, it takes less than 30 minutes if you know what you want to create. The tool is useful in making the whole process of creating a website easy for beginners or users who are new to the business.
If you are in search of a Wix clone script then iScripts EasyCreate is the best clone script to buy. Let’s look at both in detail.
A Short History Of Wix.com
Avishai Abrahami (CEO) and Nadav Abrahami – Israeli entrepreneurs and brothers founded Wix in 2006.
Wix was a flash-based website builder. In the mid-2000s, Website builders like Weebly, Squarespace started at the same time frame.
The company launched the beta application in 2007, and in 2008 they launched globally. After two years, the company got a user base of 3.5 million with 400,000 new customers each month.
Two years later, they introduced their cornerstone feature, HTML5 editor. Flash-based sites have poor crawlability with search engines, which was the major problem faced to get a better rank.
Wix has been on a tear ever since. The platform has more than 190 million registered users, and over 160 million users have created their own websites across the world.
How Does Wix Work?
Wix is a SaaS application that allows users to build their websites based on the HTML5 standard. It has a pre-built templates that helps users create pages with drag and drop items and editing tools. This process can remove the need for manual coding.
Most of the time, users consider the templates and customize them according to their project requirements. Wix offers more than 500 templates of various categories. Some of the categories are:
- Fashion & Style
Wix also offers features like buying a domain, logo creating or web hosting. Some of the plans even allow user to add 3rd party app which can extend the site functionality.
Pros of Wix
- Good Site Speed
- Massive template collection
- Drag and drop interface
- Easy to market
- Lots of features
- 24/7 support services
Cons of Wix
- Templates are not interchangeable
- The free plan can only be used with Wix branding
- Tracking and Analytics are paid
- Not transferable site
How Does Wix Make Money?
Wix.com uses a freemium business model to attract users to its platform. Users usually use the fee plan as a trail to test our the website-builder and then, once they are comfortable, move to the paid plans.
Most of Wix’s revenue comes from subscriptions but they also have a number of upgrade and upscale options to get more out of each customer.
Premium Subscription Plans
Users opting for free Wix websites will get limited functionalities. For beginners, free websites will have a subdomain as wix.com, which wouldn’t let you connect with your own domain.
Meanwhile, premium plans will give additional features to users. That includes:
- Removing Wix ads
- Higher storage and bandwidth
- custom domain
- Priority customer support
… and many more. The four monthly plans of Wix for standard websites are Connect Domain, Combo, Unlimited, and VIP. Additionally, they have three other business and eCommerce plans.
The platform allows users to buy their own domain name. The domain price depends on the domain extension, selected years, privacy protection, and tax laws.
The user can purchase the domain and get connected once he opts from any offered premium plans.
Personalized mailboxes give dedicated email addresses for customers and their employees. The mailboxes are offered with the help of G Suite and Outlook. The mailboxes are also connected with applications such as Drive and SharePoint.
Mailboxes are linked to customer websites and allow them to respond to queries and provide customer support. Mailbox subscriptions are paid every month, and the revenue from subscriptions is shared between Wix and Google/Microsoft.
Ascend By Wix
Ascend is a Customer Relationship Management tool of Wix. The businesses hosted on Wix can maintain a trusted, lasting relationship with customers using this CRM tool.
The features added in the CRM tool are:
- List of contacts to track potential leads and customers
- Dashboard to manage customer interactions
- A live chat option
- Customer-friendly forms
- Automated processes to send emails to customers in certain schedules.
Wix Logo Maker
Users can create their own websites or logos on Wix’s logo maker to enhance their company website. After the creation, users have to pay a one-time fee to download and use the picture on their website.
Wix Clone Script – Online Website Builder Software
iScripts EasyCreate allows you to clone the business model of wix.com using this PHP open-source site builder script.
If you are searching for a Wix clone script, then iScripts EasyCreate is the best clone script to buy.
Follow these methods to create a complex website.
Features of EasyCreate
- Advanced Drag and Drop Editor – Users can easily edit their site’s layout by simply dragging and dropping site elements. The user flow has also been improved to enhance overall site creation.
- Enhanced Template Selection – Offer your users an impressive selection of site designs. Many new and modern user templates have been added to the software!
- Easily Add Your Own User Templates – Add any Joomla template to your site design options even more.
- Page Element Widgets – New widgets include forms, Google AdSense, sliders, contact forms, a menu bar, social sharing, and additional HTML content! Users can add widgets to their site at any time. Social Sharing includes Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedin.
- Usability Enhancements – Overall use of the software has been streamlined. User and Admin functionality, along with the graphical interface, has been improved.