What is a barter system? Bartering systems are a simplified way of exchanging goods without the use of cash. In fact, it is the oldest method of exchanging items of value in history. You’ve probably heard of or participated in this activity before. Remember back in school kids used to swap pencils for a erasers, snacks for a drink, sweets for friendship and so on? Even this old system still exists in modern days and among those of all age groups. In present day, we now have bartering systems established worldwide with the use of online scripts.
How does bartering work? Bartering scripts are based on the word “exchange.” In order to make the system work effectively, participating individuals using the bartering system should be equally interested in each others goods. This ensures satisfaction and matching goods appropriately considering perceived value.
Even though it used to be quite common, now it is very unlikely to come across those using the bartering system while walking through the street or market. It comes as no surprise that we now expect to complete payments using apps, credit cards, bitcoins, and cash or check in some cases. This is typically the case in our day to day living, but technology still has it’s hand in bartering, as interactions between the users has increased online. As expected, online websites created for swapping has made bartering more advanced.
Here are a few points to better explain the online barter system and how to use it.
- FIND THE BEST SITE FOR YOUR NEEDS
The first step towards online bartering is finding the best marketplace to exchange items. Modern day marketplaces are found online. As bartering has found its way into the world of technology, the possibility of bartering activities have increased tremendously. The availability of the item we are looking for as well as the people who are looking for our item will be greater online than at a local barter market, so it only makes sense to seek out an online option.
- REGISTER ON THE SITE OR BARTERING COMMUNITY
In the early days, exchanging goods didn’t have tracking codes or receipts. That’s a whole different story today. Now online systems can easily keep track of our exchanges so it’s pretty easy to sort items – and even other members – when we look for any past exchanges in the future. But in order to keep things on track, users need to register with the website. It could be free or paid, as it really depends on the website administrator/owner’s choice. Most sites – about 90% – of these bartering websites will be free from registration. Instead the site administrator will cut a portion out or share commission with those selling goods in order to effectively provide the right online platform for both users and sellers.
- LOOK FOR THE ITEM AND MAKE A DEAL
Ready to search for items? After becoming an active member on the site, you can look at items and browse those that interest you. When you find an item of interest, you can proceed in numerous ways.
- The owner can either accept or reject your bartering request. If he/she accepts, then you both can agree to exchange your own items or he/she can exchange items for your points.
- If rejected, you can choose to bargain with points, which is considered virtual cash you keep in the system.
- CLOSING THE DEAL
After deciding how to exchange, both you and the other exchanger will proceed with the bartering request. The admin plays an important role here, if the exchange is with the item, the admin must make sure the item given and received is perfectly succeeded in order to avoid fraud exchanges.
The iScripts online bartering system is a unique system which will allow you to create your own barter exchange network website where users can easily buy, sell and swap their own items. The software contains all the most wanted and sought after features and functionality necessary for you to launch a professional barter exchange network website, similar to Swap.com or U-Exchange.com.
Similar to Craigslist and Swap.com, iScripts eSwap is a bartering system which allows you to create your own swap meet website where users can easily buy, sell and swap items. The software contains all the best features and functionality necessary for you to launch a professional barter exchange network website. We’ve had numerous clients create their own bartering websites using the open source script for iScripts. We made sure to include features common on all the best bartering websites, including:
- Buy, Sell and Swap Functionality – choose which is appropriate for your users
- Admin Panel to Manage Users, Features & Payments – keep track of all site activity among users
- Advanced Tools for Counter-Offers
- Multi-Language Capability – serve users in al areas of the world by implementing a language in the script
- Unlimited Users, Products & Categories
- Optional Escrow Method – choose to use this feature as an additional option for your users
- Ability to Create Internal Virtual Currency Points – give flexibility to your users while conducting transactions
- PayPal and Authorize.net Payment Gateways
- Variety of Shipping Methods
- Customizable Logo, Banners, Site Content & More – choose how to brand your site
- Your Choice of Site Themes – the script comes with plenty of design options
- User Wish List – allow users to save their favorite
- Email Newsletter Capability – market your site to your users
- Ability to Generate Detailed Reports – keep track of your site’s process with built-in reporting features and functionality
- Many more… Watch Live Demo
iScripts eSwap gives you the ability to own an online business where your users can buy, sell and/or swap goods and services. Ready to create your own barter or swap site? Try it out for yourself right now See the Free Live DEMO: iScripts eSwap
For more information or questions related to how you can take advantage of the platform, contact us at (312) 423-6728 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We have the ability to modify and tweak the script and add any additional features or site design changes. Just tell us your thoughts and any budget specifics or limitations. We will work with you to provide the best options!