Daily deals sites like Groupon is declining recently. A number of affinity deal websites are taking over its place. Would you believe setting up a deal website for an affinity group now become a simple process? Well, it is.
Why Create a Deal Website?
If you are offering deals on your website to your members, then more of your members will visit your website consistently. In addition, it offers exclusive value to your members. Deals will not only keep your customers consistent and convert them but will also increase trust towards your brand.
Here are some critical factors that you should know before a start,
- Determine a niche
To find a suitable market is one of the difficult tasks in this competitive field. I would say that is one of the primary and important factors that everyone should concentrate. For example, you can provide health, wellness and fitness coupons or deals. Or focus on baby product deals.
- Setup your business
Plan your business structure, name and owning a business license if required in your province.
- Domain name and hosting
One of the most significant tasks is getting a domain name that suites with your business name as there is already thousands domain are registered. For less than $100 you can buy a domain name and a year’s worth of hosting.
- Build and design your website
An attractive and fast site is one the key factor in your deal business. Nowadays most of the customers signing up by looking at the website design and functionalities only. If your website is no longer attractive, you may lose most of the customers. Remember, your goal is to create an easy to use the site that makes money, so avoid too many bells and whistles that can distract your visitor or slow your site down. Don’t forget to add a privacy statement and policies for both customers and businesses. And be sure your website is responsive as more and more people are using their phones and tablets to seek deals.
- Referral Discounts
Provide customers some discount for referring your website to their friends; this will increase your sales also and promote your store as well.
iScripts offers you the ready-made online deal website which is well optimized for both the web and mobile platform. iScripts GroupDeal is very cost-effective, easy to use and has plenty of extensions to enhance your marketplace features. Moreover, you don’t have to be a tech guy to build a website.
Let’s look more about iScripts GroupDeal. The platform is categorized into three.
Owner: This will be the owner of the App who has access to all levels. They have the privilege to create the vendor/business users to start their business with this system. They can create other access to its employees, generate reports etc.
Business users: This is the primary user level who joins with this system. This user can create the business, add the categories and deals corresponding to each group. They can create a normal deal, exclusive deals, and campaigns. This user can also get reports.
App users: End user can view the deals created by the Business users, get these deals with the click of a button. There is an option where they can use the barcode scanner to attain this deal. Another important feature for users is that they can look for deals which are nearest to their location. App users can send connection requests to their Facebook friends. There is an option for users to view their savings obtained though claiming these deals.
Important features of iScripts GroupDeal:
- Under the referral center in admin
- Purchase a digital gift card from Amazon for referral amount
- Send to email/updated email
- Check action box after sending to notify the user in app
- Type vendor name in the appropriate format
- Allow all email suffix: no
- Send by Gmail: no, unless reports of transactional emails getting blocked
- Input address of the vendors
Transactional Emails Monitoring
- Monitor UC Users tab in admin
- Identify long strings of unconfirmed users.
- Can manually send them confirmation link by copying the link icon in the action column
- Can manually approve the user by selecting the checkbox icon in the action column
Reported Deals Monitoring
- Reported deal tab in admin
- Used to verify deals and reach out to vendors to confirm
- Can view the deal in the action tab through the eye icon
- Can delete the item through the trash icon once the item has been resolved
- Marketing program tab in admin
- Creating territory assigns a user to a specific state, territory, and/or Vendor
- Ensure the email used is the same email the user signed up
- Start date will indicate when tracking and compensation starts for that user
- Different status levels can be achieved by surpassing user levels inputted in the left column under start date
- Compensation tracking at those levels is inputted in the right column under the start date
Mobile App User Features
- Menu: Option to view the profile, Home, Activity, Discover, Free gift cards
- User Access
- Profile: We can see the name, designation. The user will have the Option to edit, See the favorites, View reviewed products/services, Savings, Connections and Find people.
- Find people: Option to find people by clicking the icon at top right(Connect) This option can be used to connect people, connect with our phone contacts and Facebook friends(will ask permission to access)
- See Favorites: Option to view added favorites and option to add favorite as well. Clicking on the list will take it to details screen.
- Add Favorite: Clicking this will show a page which shows major service providers. Clicking on them will add it to favorites by saving.
- View reviewed products/services: Here we can see the reviews which we have provided. The reviews are updated based on the latest on top. Clicking the listview will take the user to review. Saving will repost with the latest review. The user can view status like a newbie with a badge.
iScripts GroupDeals is a deals platform for affinity groups like schools, associations, companies and organizations. Click here to try the FREE Online Demo of iScripts GroupDeals. You can try both the end-user demo (what you would see as a visitor to your website) and also the admin control panel demo (where you manage the users, sites, settings etc..)
Have questions about our web software and mobile apps and how it can work with your existing business or online business idea? Call us at (312) 423-6728 with any questions you may have. We’d be happy to explain how our software works, including any additional business, needs you may have. We also offer custom development of web and mobile apps at a reasonable rate.