Shopping, it’s a woman’s thing, right? Well, not anymore. There are many online stores with a wide range of technology gadgets which can make any person glued to the screen for hours. There are also numerous web stores that cater to kids, parents and teenagers. In general, eCommerce sites engage web customers and they are ready to struggle for each and every one of them. These days, you can’t really say that online shopping is a niche market, aimed at a small audience anymore.
E-commerce is an exciting place for entrepreneurs to dive in and reap out the big money that comes with it. Having said that, it’s also an exciting adventure. There are certain things that would bring a business crashing down before anyone could even think it would fall. We have seen many major companies trying to foray into e-commerce, but not everyone has tasted success here.
I’m not going to talk about the advantages of online stores, we all already know that the system works. What I do want to talk about now are the must-have features which would skyrocket your sales exponentially.
- Search Box: Having a search box positioned well, will allow your visitors to quickly search for the product that they are looking for.
- Featured Products: By displaying featured products on your homepage or on the side columns of your site will inform your visitors of top selling products, sales offer or it can be a general product that you want to push further and make sure they get noticed.
- Related Products: This is a great upselling feature, which will show your visitors what other products they can purchase alongside what they are currently viewing, a clever way of positioning this is with a heading such as, “Customers who bought this also bought…” This encourages your visitors to purchase more than one item at once.
- Newsletter Subscription: Allow users to enter their email address to stay up to date with your offers and promotions, having this feature will allow you to build your mailing list for you to use in your own marketing campaigns.
- Product Zoom: Having a good zoom feature for your product images, is always a plus point online, as it allows visitors to see the minute details of your products, which works well, as sometimes customers prefer to feel and touch, so you can easily replace this by having a good zoom feature, which really brings out the details in your product.
- Categories: Have clear categories on your site to list your products into, and have your categories displayed somewhere easy to access, e.g. across the top or on the side columns.
- Good Navigation: Navigation is extremely important on an e-commerce site, users should be able to easily access various sections of the site, along with a quick link back to the shopping cart.
- Plenty of Payment Options: Choosing the perfect payment gateway solution for your site will give assurance and peace of mind to your visitors. Choose a merchant account that your visitors are comfortable with. The more you have, the more global your business can be.
- Return Policy: When buyers see a good return policy they will have more assurance and peace of mind if ever something was to go wrong they can easily return their product. A good policy generally increases sales, as customers feel safer to buy.
- Customer Login & Registration: Give the option for customers to register on your site, so when they do return they don’t need to enter all their billing and payment details in again, giving them the flexibility to quickly check out.
- Good Graphics: Make good use of graphics banners and images on the site. This helps to attract visitors and display your sales promotions, offers and banners on the site for users to click.
- Delivery Information: Always inform customers how you’re going to deliver your products, along with clear timelines so they know when to expect the delivery.
- News & Events: This section on the site where you can keep your visitors informed of new products, events, and other news related to your online business. Using a blogging platform or a module does the job perfectly.
Social Media Presence: Let your customers know that you’re available on networking sites by having social media logos on your site. Some companies use networking sites as their customer support systems, interacting with their customers for inquiries related to their orders. On the other hand, some online retailers are only available for contact via networking platforms. Having a good social media presence will boost your online presence and brand.
How to Setup a Feature-Loaded E-commerce Website
If you want to create your online store, the typical path is to use shopping cart software and then assemble different components like payment gateway, shipping trackers and more. Usually, it’s a daunting task for a novice to handle. So most often than not, a web developer is hired to develop the storefront. Recently a number of hosted shopping cart providers have started offering their services. This means small businesses or mom and pop operators can create their storefront by just filling a few forms online. This makes the entire process of selling online very easy.
This is along the same lines of online site builders appeared in the past. Many shopping cart providers jumped on the SaaS (software as a service) bandwagon. If you are looking to create a storefront, these sites might be a good option but if you want to offer services similar to them checkout iScripts GoStores. It is an open-source online store builder software.
iScripts GoStores is a hosted shopping cart software. That means you can create a hosted storefront business using iScripts GoStores. You just install the software on your server, do the branding and you are ready to offer the same services as Volusion, ProStores Yahoo Stores and Shopify. This open source software from iScripts clones the business model by other hosted store vendors. It took them years to create their SaaS business. You can do it in a couple of hours. How is that for a competitive advantage? This is your opportunity to get into the red hot SaaS business model.
Your customers will not be required to buy or maintain a server, which eliminates a lot of expense. The software package includes everything you need to get started including templates and built-in functionality.
- One-Click Installer – Complete the entire installation process within a single click. No waiting, calling, cross-checking or techie talk to work through.
- Trial Period Functionality – Offer instant gratification to your customers by offering a trial run of your service. This functionality is built into the system to encourage quick sign-up.
- GoDaddy Integration – The world’s largest domain name registrar has been added so that you may give your site users increased options and credibility.
- Enhanced Templates and Dashboards – The Admin panel has been revamped to include detailed graphs and fusion charts. Choose from various templates while allowing your users to select from a wider range of site designs.
- Additional Payment Gateways – Offer payment options through a wide variety of gateways such as WorldPay and Paypal Express.
- Advanced Management Features – Easily add and manage features, website content, custom banners and plans as the site administrator.
- PCI Compliance – PCI requirements apply to all organizations or merchants, regardless of size or number of transactions, that accepts, transmits or stores any cardholder data.
Want to try it yourself? See all the new and existing features you will receive by trying the LIVE DEMO.
All that’s needed besides the iScripts GoStores is your own domain and hosting plan. Simply install the software on your server, add your own logo, and additional branding and you are ready to receive monthly recurring revenue from each user.
Need custom website changes or have questions? Please call 1-(800)-569-5538 or send an email to email@example.com you require any more information or custom changes and receive a reasonably priced quote as soon as possible.