Helpdesk software is a tool to manage all sales, support and customer service inquiries without becoming overwhelmed. Normally when we think of the possibilities of helpdesk software, we may think it’s just for customer support tickets. But it is more than that. Everything from client inquiry to product support can be maintained with helpdesk software.
What are the main objectives of helpdesk software?
- Customer service inquiries
- Product support
Have ever thought about the important goals for helpdesk software? They are:
- Implement real-world experience
- Facing timely services for the client
- Build a helpdesk that has steady growth built into its design
- Become a knowledgebase that helps customers face problems
- Give guidelines for clients wishing to upgrade their product
- To navigate the client query to the proper team
Helpdesk is a required factor in all business. Any organization with a customer service feature should have a helpdesk. From government local body to central body, manufacturers, re-sellers, banks, telecom providers, etc.
Why do we need a helpdesk?
We need helpdesks to manage the sales and support for improving company efficiency. Customers are the key to success, and maintaining the customer database will be the most important part.
How helpdesk is important to sales
This is the phase where companies get to meet their client for the first time. When a client comes with a query, the helpdesk plays the role of a salesman. Helpdesk will guide the clients through the products, deal with their queries and lead the way to purchase. The care we give our customers will be a great positive point, as sales can be executed via chat, email, or on the telephone.
How is a helpdesk important to support and service?
Service and support comes after a purchase. The service we provide to our customers don’t end with a purchase. Maintaining the customer is another important fact. The issues on the product after purchase should be collected and kept in order for improving the product as well as company. Service should be delivered as fast as it can to keep your clients close.
- Multi-Channel Communication:
- Ticket Submission- Your customers can submit trouble tickets through web based forms, which will require sufficient information to be provided for you to address the issue.
- Email Piping- With this feature, customers can email you with service or support issues. The software will automatically create a ticket in the help desk system from that email. These tickets can also include attachments. The software supports SMTP and POP3.
- Live Chat- Allow your customers to communicate with your staff through live chat. To better assist customers and offer the best experience possible, techs will be able to find the past history of each client within the database.
- Flexible Knowledgebase- Offer an area for your customers to discover information on their own. Create unlimited categories and FAQ entries that answer questions for silent questioners.
- Announcements/News- Let your users and staff view important notifications in the News section.
- Stay Organized, Efficient and Informed:
- Response Templates- Store predefined replies to respond to users quickly. Save time by reusing them!
- Personal Notes on Tickets– Add a special note to each ticket in order to stay up-to-date with facts and details.
- Service-Level Agreement Functionality- Formally define measurable response times to ensure quality for your customers. When the set service-level agreement is not met, the system will automatically escalate the ticket.
- Workflow and Rule Management- Assign tickets to specific staff members. The software automatically calculates the amount of time staff members devote per ticket. When a ticket is closed, an email is sent to the user with a link to rate the staff member and experience.
- Knowledge Base Assimilation- Knowledgebase entries are now SEO friendly and can be used to cut support costs. Staff members can add replies directly from the Knowledgebase instead of spending time to manually create duplicate replies.
- Message Labels- Categorize tickets through labeling.
- Watcher Feature- Monitor communication between staff and users on specific issues of your choice.
- Spam Blocker- Avoid receiving huge junk emails as tickets.
- Reminders- Stay organized with reminders. Set the time for your reminders to stay tuned.
- Private Messages- Send private messages among staff with a built-in internal messaging system.
- Ticket Purging- Reduce your system load by purging older tickets out of the database.
- Activity Log- View the activity log to see what’s currently happening.
- Mass Mail- Send email to groups of users within a single click.
- Downloads- Share common files such as manuals and instructions with your staff in the download section.
- Advanced Search for Tickets- Find exactly what you need with the help of the advanced search feature. Search by multiple fields such as user email, words, phrases, ticket status and more.
- Quick View Statistics- View ticket and staff statistics in a graphical manner.
- Customize-able and Flexible Site Options:
- Custom Statuses for Tickets- Customize the status of your tickets to comply with your industry jargon. Multilingual Support, The software is preloaded with language packs in English, German, French and Spanish.
- Multiple Themes- Choose the dynamic layout that best fits your site.
- CMS (content management system)– Use the CMS to edit all text and copy on pages of your site.
- Staff Personalization- Each staff member can change certain points of his/her account to suit his/her needs.
- Scalable for the Future:
- Unlimited Multi-Level Departments- Create any number of departments to reflect your organizational structure.
- Unlimited Multi-Level Knowledgebase Categories– Organize your knowledge base entries into multiple multi-level categories.
- Unlimited Staff/Users- Create any number of staff members. Number of users registered to and using the system is also not restricted.
Want to see quality helpdesk software in action?
A helpdesk can help you to attract a lot of clients in few months because people depends on the service delivered to them. They choose product on the basis of support. Even if you are an upcoming company, a client would expect you to meet your support with organization. The way you deliver your service, the way you communicate, the shortest time you take and mainly the history you keep these are the basics. If executed properly, clients will look up to you.
Helpdesks should be dealing with the clients from the beginning to the end. It should be overruling every single stage or processes they are in. As soon as a client raises a ticket, helpdesk software begins its work. Through the first response, we should have a better idea of issues, and then escalate the ticket to the respective department. Necessary action like follow ups and saving the client query/issues, resolving the issue by guiding through the product and closing the ticket is paramount.
iScripts SupportDesk is the recommended IT Heldpdesk software which is enclosed with all these features mentioned above. iScripts SupportDesk can fulfill your helpdesk activity. iScripts SupportDesk is also an open source web-based trouble ticket and help desk software equipped with an integrated knowledgebase, live chat, email piping and SMTP/POP3 support. The script enables you to handle your support, sales and customer service communication in an organized and efficient manner. Integrate the iScripts SupportDesk script into an existing site or create a standalone full-featured help desk platform. Take a look at iScripts SupportDesk here.