GrubHub is an on-demand food delivery service and a unique online take out and delivery order marketplace. You can select a restaurant based on type and location and order your food online. There is a number of restaurants participating in the GrubHub online order network.
You can either order carryout or delivery from participating restaurants. This is a proven business model where GrubHub charges a percentage of the order from restaurants.
How to build an app like GrubHub?
Do you want to build an app like GrubHub? To create an online food delivery app you can use the GrubHub clone script, iScripts NetMenus. There are a number of GrubHub clone sites like JustEat doing very well financially. Before that, know-how does the GrubHub works.
How does GrubHub work?
GrubHub is a food ordering and delivery marketplace that connects diners with local restaurants. When the customer search by cuisine or restaurant name, he will get filtered results according to the search. When you find the item you can book online or by mobile with no charges.
- Consumers: Users can browse various restaurants from the portal and place an order were the portal allows users to pay online or in cash. This makes the app user-friendly and gives more flexibility to consumers.
- Restaurants: The restaurant gets notified when the user places an order. They will confirm the order according to the availability of the specified item. Once the restaurant confirms the order they will make it ready for couriers to do the delivery.
- Couriers: Once the restaurant confirms the order, the courier center nearest to the restaurant get notification. After accepting the delivery request they will head to the restaurant and collect the courier.
How does GrubHub make money?
To know about how does GrubHub makes money, a revenue model matters the most.
- Delivery Fees: For each order, GrubHub charges a delivery fee. The charged fee is for the courier but the company takes a commission from this delivery fee.
- Commission Fees: Company will charge a certain percentage for each order from the restaurant. Grubhub gives the restaurants great exposure and it will help the audience to reach easily. Hence they charge a commission fee.
- Advertisement Charges: Grubhub allows restaurants to pay for sponsored ads to expand reach. This will show a pop up in the consumer’s app and will make them buy from the restaurant shown in the ad.
GrubHub Clone Script
iScripts NetMenus is the clone script of GrubHub. This online ordering solution will allow you to create an online ordering system for a single or multiple location restaurants, or even an online food court similar to Grubhub.
Features of iScripts NetMenus
- Powerful Admin Panel
- Multiple Payment Gateways
- One time Payment
- Support different menu items
- Supports single restaurants, multiple restaurants, and restaurant chains
- Supports offline ordering mode
- Search engine optimized HTML code and layout to attract increased traffic
Know more about the main site features, user features, supported payment gateways in NetMenus features.
Advantages of NetMenus
The iScripts NetMenus software allows you to:
- Stay competitive
- Wide selection of products
- Reduce cost and time
- Supports multiple restaurants
- Accepts online or cash payments
- Coupon code functionality
If you’re someone to build an app similar to GrubHub. Take a look at the GrubHub Clone Script demo for your startup.