Interesting Mobile Marketing and App Stats:
1) Worldwide mobile advertising revenue will expand 3.5X its present size by 2016. (Source: Yankee Group)
2) Mobile commerce will account for 24.4% of overall ecommerce revenues by the end of 2017. (Source: ABI Research)
3) Email opens on smartphones and tablets have increased 80% over the last six months. (Source: Litmus)
4) 45% of US businesses are conducting some form of mobile marketing, with mobile websites (70%), mobile applications (55%), and QR codes (49%) being the most common tactics. (Source: StrongMail)
5) 47% of marketing companies plan to increase their efforts in mobile apps in the next year. (Source: Experian)
6) 59% of U.S. marketing companies collect mobile contact information. (Source: Experian)
What do these stats say? Not only do your customers need mobile apps, but your marketers also need an application that enables them to keep tabs on their lead generation and customer conversions on the go.Consumers don’t just want phones for calls and texts, they want mobile-enabled devices. AT&T sold a reported 3.7 million iPhones just in the second quarter of 2012, and Verizon sold another 2.7 million iPhones during the same period. iPhones represent only 58 percent of total smartphone sales. Overall, smartphone sales were up 44.7 percent in 2012, despite a two percent drop in mobile phone sales overall. It’s a fact that consumers are moving towards smartphones and non mobile-enabled phones aren’t selling like they used to. It looks as if we might be at a tipping point in the market for mobile apps and how they are becoming the go-to place for digital content.
Developing mobile apps for your business will put your business in the palm of the consumers hand. It is important that your website is optimized when a user is accessing the site from a mobile device. Your company’s mobile marketing efforts should begin with a mobile-friendly website. Most websites created using iScripts products already come with this optimized option.
Mobile Apps have been a very expensive product for a small business budget. A more realistic option would be to use readymade templates so that you or your developers can create and publish apps at a lower cost. There are a few providers of these brandable apps. iScripts recently acquired GizmoPlay.com to provide you and our future customers an affordable option for mobile app development. GizmoPlay.com offers brandable iPhone and Android apps with full source code. You can receive help customizing your app and submitting them to the iTunes store. This concept is similar to the open source scripts currently offered through iScripts.com. With GizmoPlay mobile apps, you will receive the same features that the big businesses are using, but you will only pay a fraction of the price.