Mobile apps made an tremendous change and popularity among users. The increasing smartphone demand put many companies to start off a mobile app for their business environment. The visibility of the app is not just an simple factor, so you need to very particular about the approach being followed for mobile app development. There are many steps to lookup in the mobile app development from app concept to launch. Lets review top 7 steps in developing a successful mobile application:
1. Identifying and defining the requirement:
The goal of this stage is to:
- Define the project from a project management perspective
- Identify project risks and dependencies
- Formulate a realistic time & cost estimate for the project
After making the required research & study, defining requirements & goals and determining the app’s platform, the process of designing starts.
2. UI & UX Design:
The key factor of success of an app is at this stage. The app developer should consider the design standards of various platforms while building the app. It is necessary to make responsive app to make it functional across various devices. Here colours, design use of colors and on the design of icons, headers and buttons should concentrate more. It will make app more attractive.
UX aspects gives the experience of app among various users not only in look. . The developers should consider the multi-touch gestures for the touch screen interface. Users should be able to navigate through the app smoothly.
3. Identify approach to develop the app:
After the look and feel phase, now it’s the dominant part of app development. At this point, you’ve thought through your idea, drawn up prototypes, conducted usability tests, gotten your UI designed, and hired your development team. Make sure approaching the app development should consider the time and budget.
- Native apps: Native application is a software or program which has been developed to perform some specific task on a particular environment or platform.
A native application built using software development tools (SDK) for a certain software framework, hardware platform or operating system.
- Hybrid app: Hybrid apps are native apps only because it can be downloaded from the platform’s app store like the native app. It can get access to all the native platform features. It can have performance close to the native app.
- The hybrid app runs in webView (A view that displays web pages, uses the same engine of the browser but no browser like widgets)
- Native plugins required to access the native features of the platform like camera, mic etc. (Native plugins are like the wrapper on top of native libraries or components)
- A hybrid app can be built for any platform from a single code base.
4. High-level Technical Design:
High-level technical design is a stage where you work with your team to decide on a programming language, development approach and suitable technologies for your mobile app. Many of them thinks that should focus on front end app and it is been the final product. But the real fact is that users interact more with backend even directly or indirectly. To get a better user experience, both front and backend developer should work collaboratively.
- Front end development:The front end is the part where users interact or see. It can be sometimes called client-side development. It’s been categorized into three.
- Back end development:Backend mobile development sometimes is also called server-side development and you can guess from the name that it’s the part of the “behind the scenes” magic that makes the front-end work. The backend structure usually consists of a server, an application, and a database.
5. Mobile app development:
Once the strategy is formulated, it’s time to start development which includes following procedures.
The planning process start with the process includes in the development or breaking down the task in to smaller. Those task will be assigned to developers.
Here the functionality is assigned and assigned to testing.
Once development is done, your app is ready for real-world testing! This step will ensure there are no bugs and the user experience is as intuitive as it was after you’ve created and tested.
With custom development of an app, there may be upwards of ten rounds of testing.
Testing will help you analyze your use cases, identify any friction points and question the ease of your mobile app processes. You will compare your screen flow with your user’s expectations and prevent any frustrations.
stage involves conducting tests like Unit testing, QC testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT). A simulator is used to help designers and developers test the app for bugs and errors.
6. App Review:
After you gather all your feedback, you need to group it by similarities. If a few people told you there are redundant options in your app, group these together. If some of them said they had to return to the previous screen often, list all the reasons why.
Once the review is done, start the planning for the subsequent sprints and continue the process until the app is ready to be deployed.
7. App Deployment:
The final stage when everything else is completed will be deployed. Deploying an app calls for proper planning to ensure that the integrity of the live environment is protected and correct components are released. This stage is very dense and involves a lot of moving parts. If you are planning to develop an app for your business, iScripts are here to help you by saving time and money. Would you like to know about our turnkey solutions?
iScripts have innovative solutions with the pre-built software and mobile app suites with your business ideas like:
- Multi-Vendor Shopping Cart
- The Ultimate On-Demand Service Platform
- Online Restaurant Delivery Software
- Swapping Software
- Group deal Platform
- And More…
iScripts has inhouse team to develop our own mobile apps and If you would like to create an iPhone/iPad app from scratch or migrate an existing web application, we invite you to view our portfolio and contact us when you are ready to discuss your requirements. G
For more information or questions related to our work, previous clients and how you can take advantage of our services, contact us at (312) 423-6728 or get a quote for your project.
Have questions about our web software and mobile apps and how it can work with your existing business or online business idea? Call us at (312) 423-6728 with any questions you may have. We’d be happy to explain how our software works, including any additional business, needs you may have. We also offer custom development of web and mobile apps at a reasonable rate.