Mobile apps made tremendous changes and popularity among users. The increasing smartphone demand puts many companies to start off a mobile app for their business environment. The visibility of the app is not just a simple factor, so you need to very particular about the approach being followed for mobile app development. There are many steps to lookup in the mobile app development from the app concept to launch. Let’s review the top 7 steps in developing a successful mobile application:
1. Identifying and defining the requirement:
The goal of this stage is to:
- Define the project from a project management perspective
- Identify project risks and dependencies
- Formulate a realistic time & cost estimate for the project
After making the required research & study, defining requirements & goals and determining the app’s platform, the process of designing starts.
2. UI & UX Design:
The key factor of the success of an app is at this stage. The app developer should consider the design standards of various platforms while building the app. It is necessary to make a responsive app to make it functional across various devices. Here colors, design use of colors and on the design of icons, headers and buttons should concentrate more. It will make the app more attractive.
UX aspects give the experience of the app among various users not only in look. The developers should consider the multi-touch gestures for the touch screen interface. Users should be able to navigate through the app smoothly.
3. Identify an approach to develop the app:
After the look and feel phase, now it’s the dominant part of app development. Make sure approaching the app development should consider the time and budget.
- Native apps: Native application is a software or program which has been established to do a certain task on a specific atmosphere or platform. A native application developed using software development tools (SDK) for a particular software application structure, hardware platform or operating system.
- Hybrid app: Hybrid applications are native apps just due to the fact that it can be downloaded from the platform’s app store like the native app. It can get access to all the native system functions. It can have performance near to the indigenous application.
- The hybrid app runs in webView (Web page views, makes use of the same engine of the web browser however no browser like widgets).
- Native plugins needed to access the native features of the platform like camera, mic and so on (Native plugins are like the wrapper in addition to indigenous collections or parts).
- A hybrid app can be developed for any type of system from a single code base.
4. High-level Technical Design:
High-level technical design is a stage where you work with your team to decide on a programming language, development approach and suitable technologies for your mobile app. Many of them think that should focus on the front end app and it is been the final product. But the real fact is that users interact more with backend even directly or indirectly. To get a better user experience, both front and backend developers should work collaboratively.
- Front end development: The front end is the part where users interact or see. It can be sometimes called client-side development. It’s been categorized into three.
- Back end development: Backend mobile development sometimes is also called server-side development and you can guess from the name that it’s the part of the “behind the scenes” magic that makes the front-end work. The backend structure usually consists of a server, an application, and a database.
5. Mobile app development:
Once the strategy is formulated, it’s time to start development which includes the following procedures.
The planning process starts with the process includes in the development or breaking down the task into smaller. Those tasks will be assigned to developers.
Here the functionality is assigned and assigned to testing.
Once development is over, the app is ready for testing. Testing is to ensure that there are no bugs found in your app. For the custom development of an app may take more rounds of testing.
Analyze the use cases and identify the friction points by testing. Compare the screen flow with user expectations and prevent annoyance.
stage involves conducting tests like Unit testing, QC testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT). A simulator is used to help designers and developers test the app for bugs and errors.
6. App Review:
Gather all your feedback by similarities and find out what does the customer asked the most. If users mention any options in your app, group them and if they asked to return to the previous screen then list the reasons.
Once the review is done, start the planning for the subsequent sprints and continue the process until the app is ready to be deployed.
7. App Deployment:
The final stage when everything else is completed will be deployed. Deploying an app calls for proper planning to ensure that the integrity of the live environment is protected and correct components are released. This stage is very dense and involves a lot of moving parts. If you are planning to develop an app for your business, iScripts are here to help you by saving time and money. Would you like to know about our turnkey solutions?
iScripts have innovative solutions with the pre-built software and mobile app suites with your business ideas like:
- Multi-Vendor Shopping Cart
- The Ultimate On-Demand Service Platform
- Online Restaurant Delivery Software
- Swapping Software
- Group deal Platform
- And More…
iScripts has an inhouse team to develop our own mobile apps and If you have a plan of building an app for iPhone or iPad from scratch we can help you a lot. Visit our portfolio and contact us when you are ready.
For more information or questions related to our work, previous clients and how you can take advantage of our services, contact us at (312) 423-6728 or get a quote for your project.
Have questions about our web software and mobile apps and how it can work with your existing business or online business idea? Call us at (312) 423-6728 with any questions you may have. We’d be happy to explain how our software works, including any additional business, needs you may have. We also offer custom development of web and mobile apps at a reasonable rate.