Researchers says, Toys promote children’s cognitive development by stimulating their concentration and memory skills and giving them the ability to solve problems creatively, which is key to their future autonomy.
Through playing with toys, children develop their motor and cognitive skills, helping them to overcome all of life’s obstacles. From an early age, toys help in the education of children. They learn to walk, talk, socialize, acquire knowledge, grow emotionally, and develop social and spatial awareness.
The growth in online retailing has allowed toys and games secondary marketplace to reach out to their audience. Online shopping is convenient for users as the online shopping portals can be accessed 24/7 by them from anywhere. Thus, toys and other kids’ pre-loved stuffs listed by parents are focusing on developing and maintaining elaborate where other parents can purchase toys according to the age of their kids and the skills, they want to be inculcated in them.
Porch Toys – Overview
Porch Toys – a mobile marketplace to buy and sell pre-loved kids’ toys and accessories. This is a peer-to-peer secondary marketplace for kid stuffs, that provides a storefront for kids to create and run, trade and find the latest styles with the parents’ supervision.
The mobile application buys and sells gently used kids’ clothing, shoes, toys, homemade items, sports goods, and baby gear, so it helps parents to recycle their children’s nearly new items and get paid on the spot. This allows educating kids to realize the value of their belongings.
Porch Toys help parents keep up with their kids’ constantly changing needs – from the next size to the next style to the next season – by providing a platform through which they can shop and sell a curated selection – all within a trustworthy, environmentally friendly parent community.
Porch Toys is only available as a mobile application, that consist of hybrid iOS and Android applications for end users built using the React Native platform.
There is single version of the app for both Parents and Children. This allows both actors to use a single code base, unlike two unique apps each designed for each actor.
Kids are the target but parents are the spenders.
The way sellers present their products is important for two reasons: they are catering to two different audiences: Parents and children.
The children are the target market. They are the ones need to get excited about listed toys and related products. But the parents? They are the ones who spend the money. So, this platform actually appeals equally to both sets.
How does the Application work?
Porch Toys is a great way to clean out your kids’ closets and make extra cash on the things your kids have outgrown. It’s where the good stuff goes to start a new life, and where smart parents go to score great finds.
Three simple steps to do:
- Sell in a Snap
- Snap a photo, give it a description, name your price and request to approve.
- Filter & Find
- Easy to use tools like search and filter make it simple to find exactly what you’re looking for, every time.
- Buying is Easy
- Search and see what others are selling, decide to buy an item, and send a request to approve.
How the Selling and Buying process works?
Selling an Item
- Kids will be able to easily list used or unwanted items for sale in this area.
- To sell an item, kids need to complete a form with details of the item to be sold and send it for approval of their Parents.
- The form will contain the following fields to collect appropriate details about the product:
- Primary Image
- Secondary Images
- Item Name
- Item Category (Toys or Sports Equipment)
- Description Text
- Condition of Item
- Brand Name
- Message to Approver
- Item categories will be listed as “toys” and “sports equipment” as part of this version.
- Once kids complete the form and click on the “Sell It” button, an email will be sent to the Parents for approval.
- The email will contain all of the content of the post.
- The email subject line will include action requested, child name, and the item name.
- The parent user can choose to approve or reject the post prior to publishing it to the platform by choosing a link from within the email body.
- The post will be displayed in the app home screen only after being approved by the user’s parent.
Buying an Item
- Once a user selects an item by
swiping a post to the right or touches the image or content, users will move to
the product detail screen. This area displays the details and large image of
- Users will be able to view image(s) of the item for sale, title, condition, posted time stamp, price, and a “report” option.
- Users can select the “Buy It” button,
to begin the buy flow process.
- If a child selects “Buy It”, the
request will be sent to the main account (Parent) email for approval.
- The email will contain all of the information related to the toy post.
- Parents will choose to approve or reject the purchase.
- If a child selects “Buy It”, the request will be sent to the main account (Parent) email for approval.
- Users will also have an option to
flag inappropriate posts/users.
- Once flagged, the post is removed from the user’s search results.
- The flagged post is added to a list for the administrator to review.
Parents are managing their kids in this platform from the beginning to final stage. At the registration time, parents’ email address and kids name combination identify a user. The platform will collect additional information of their respective kids at that time. The information like child name, date of birth, gender, school name. Email address verification also as part of verification process. While multiple accounts can be controlled by a parent account, one or all of the child users attached to a single parent account can be logged in at a time using multiple devices. Parents can perform the kid’s management functionalities from their settings area.
- Parents can review the list of children’s that are attached to their account from the settings area. User accounts is displayed with their thumbnail images and name.
- Parents can also have an option to add, edit, or remove a child account from the settings area.
If you are in the lookout for creating a similar deliverable application for your company, avail free consultation from our technical team at iScripts by clicking here. You can also call us on 312-423-6728 or compose an email containing your business requirements and budget to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the best digital solutions for your company.